This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  
 
HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Serious Discussions



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-10-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default Human Sexuality

I really miss Serious Discussions that don't revolve around political events or screw ups from religion. That said, I'm posting this even though I'm pretty sure it's been posted before. However, as that thread would be dated, I'd like to hear the current opinion. That, and this has been bugging me for a little while and I don't feel like flipping through old threads. So:

When should people become sexually active?

Should it be when they become aware of themselves as sexual beings? When others do? Should it be when society says it's ok, or normal, or optimal? And if not then, when?

And I swear to go if anyone rips off the south park answer, I will call JR.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

Nobody wants to go first? Not even to present the church's view?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2011
TheOcean's Avatar
TheOcean TheOcean is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Somewhere frozen.
Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.
Posts: 22,235
Default

lol Actually I specifically don't want to go first...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-10-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

Ok, well the reason I'm asking this is because lately people have been coming to me and declaring their intention to pursue other guys for purposes of sex [ because apparently I'm just the guy you go to immediately before you suddenly turn porn levels of horny ]. Most of them with original reasons and views on it. That said, I thought it would be a great topic or retopic for a thread.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-10-2011
Zairak's Avatar
Zairak Zairak is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Posts: 4,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwtyler1985 View Post
I really miss Serious Discussions that don't revolve around political events or screw ups from religion. That said, I'm posting this even though I'm pretty sure it's been posted before. However, as that thread would be dated, I'd like to hear the current opinion. That, and this has been bugging me for a little while and I don't feel like flipping through old threads. So:

When should people become sexually active?

Should it be when they become aware of themselves as sexual beings? When others do? Should it be when society says it's ok, or normal, or optimal? And if not then, when?

And I swear to go if anyone rips off the south park answer, I will call JR.
Personally, I'd say it should be when they become aware of their own sexuality. The other option, when others become aware of their own sexuality or of the original person's sexuality, entails either a bowing to peer pressure or, in fact, of sexual exploitation based on social pressure.

It most certainly should not be when society deems it okay. The original purpose of society is for the improved standard of living for the members of that society.

Allowing something like that to dictate such a personal and innate part of a human as this is would be far too much.

Naturally you might say that children shouldn't be sexually active before a certain age, and that's fine, but sexually active doesn't have to mean intercourse, necessarily. Further, an improvement in how we handle sex education could go quite a long ways towards improving that situation.

That's all I really have for a base right now.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-10-2011
TheOcean's Avatar
TheOcean TheOcean is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Somewhere frozen.
Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.
Posts: 22,235
Default

okokok

I sometimes have a similar problem to GW,...as a more experienced human being people tend to ask me questions about that. [ Read: Was a total loosey goosey in my early twenties. ]

I believe people should have sex when they are ready, with someone they have a mature emotional relationship with.

That being said, I don't think people should have sex before 18 at all, and generally not before 20. I don't believe that most teenagers are capable of mature emotions, and are typically allowing their hormones to rule them. I personally know of only one person who is still with their high school sweetheart.

That being said, I've met 14 year-olds with more maturity than people my age. If they are emotionally stable, and their partner is...let them do what they want, so long as they fully understand the risks involved.

Societies rule people's thoughts, and the government is created by society. Despite what I may say sometimes, with issues like this, I know the government usually tries to give a basic median on what they think is correct for the safety of the people involved.

In the end, I mostly agree with Z's argument, with slightly more conservative views on when. However, once you're old enough and mentally prepared, bust your ugly on anyone you want, so long as you're responsible and understand the risks on bumping.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-10-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

*sigh* I was rather hoping that people would pick up on this and present views that could be contradictory to someone else's views so we could probe deeper into this, but I guess this topic is about dead...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-10-2011
TheOcean's Avatar
TheOcean TheOcean is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Somewhere frozen.
Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.
Posts: 22,235
Default

Don't give up all hope, today has been a seriously slow day on TAS.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2011
0mnislash17's Avatar
0mnislash17 0mnislash17 is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Viridian City
Blurb: Nod at the bird and PEOPLE DIE, everywhere PEOPLE DIE!
Posts: 7,177
Send a message via AIM to 0mnislash17 Send a message via MSN to 0mnislash17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOcean View Post
However, once you're old enough and mentally prepared, bust your ugly on anyone you want,so long as you're responsible and understand the risks on bumping.

old enough and mentally prepared, bust your ugly on anyone you want

bust your ugly on anyone

ugly
What if I create masterpieces with this said "ugly"? Is it still "ugly" then?

As for my more serious response, [ Question is quite seriously speaking as well but I digress ] I would probably have to say that it should be whenever the person in question is comfortable with themselves, the partner in question and are ready to bear to possible burdens from not being careful enough.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2011
TheOcean's Avatar
TheOcean TheOcean is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Somewhere frozen.
Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.
Posts: 22,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mnislash17 View Post
What if I create masterpieces with this said "ugly"? Is it still "ugly" then?

As for my more serious response, [ Question is quite seriously speaking as well but I digress ] I would probably have to say that it should be whenever the person in question is comfortable with themselves, the partner in question and are ready to bear to possible burdens from not being careful enough.
Was done by an impressionist long ago. "L'origine du monde" by Gustave Courbet. Take that. :V
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-11-2011
ClumsyCake's Avatar
ClumsyCake ClumsyCake is offline
 
Gender: Both
Location: Put a quarter in ya ass cause ya PLAYED YOURSELF!
Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.
Posts: 2,112
Default

Get schooling done, and a job. Then think about sex. It's too much to worry about being with someone in your teen's, and it's hard enough that your hormones are going crazy. It's a tough time! Just remember, mind over matter. No sense in going wild and getting some disease or a baby before you're ready. In my opinion people should start exploring at age 15/16. Meaning (kissing/dating) getting a feel for another person in your life and learning how relationships work. As for people become sexually active would be at age 18 and up.

Now i know today there are many 'boys' and 'girls' becoming sexually active at a very young age, and it keep getting younger. Pebo-bear is pleased.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2011
HolyShadow's Avatar
HolyShadow HolyShadow is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Holy Land
Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?
Posts: 12,263
Default

My first sexual encounter was an interesting one.

I was very against it because I didn't want to regret having sex with someone who'd leave me a little while later. However, I decided at some point that I'd try it anyway... my exact thought at the moment was "I should just force myself to do it so that I won't be hurt if I do it with someone I really care about and they leave me". We were close, but we were only dating for a few months.

It didn't feel good to me, and I learned a lot about the importance of sexual attraction in relationships.

People should have sex when it helps them grow as a person, and no sooner.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2011
Fat1Fared's Avatar
Fat1Fared Fat1Fared is offline
Chumba Wumba
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Ministry of Evil
Blurb: What is a blurb?
Posts: 9,458
Default

Got to love reading virgins anonymous here...my philosophy...every hole is a goal, so get in there lad.
-Seriously, get over this idea of sex as some emotional growth thing which will change time and space for you, once you finally find your big bang; it really really isn't. Its great until you over think it and then it becomes a burden.

PS any guy who says he isn't ready for sex, once his soldier learns the word up, is a lyer; trust me on that.
-Girls I cannot speak for, but guess they are probably more careful for obvious reasons, but in the end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2011
HolyShadow's Avatar
HolyShadow HolyShadow is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Holy Land
Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?
Posts: 12,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
Got to love reading virgins anonymous here...my philosophy...every hole is a goal, so get in there lad.
-Seriously, get over this idea of sex as some emotional growth thing which will change time and space for you, once you finally find your big bang; it really really isn't. Its great until you over think it and then it becomes a burden.

PS any guy who says he isn't ready for sex, once his soldier learns the word up, is a lyer; trust me on that.
-Girls I cannot speak for, but guess they are probably more careful for obvious reasons, but in the end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-11-2011
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies's Avatar
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies GcarOatmealRaisinCookies is offline
Closet Trekkie
 
Gender: Male
Location: HarryOatmeal's bed
Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Posts: 23,144
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies Send a message via Skype™ to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
Default

speaking from a female point of view.

Girls tend to combine emotional attachment and Sex. Girls also tend to get pissed when they realize the guy they are sleeping with is a complete and total douche. Which is why, unless she's a total whore, girls like to wait before jumping on a boner, in case the douchey tenancies appear before he gets to the bedroom.

 
Step 1, Open hand
Step 2, Insert nude penis in open hand
Step 3, massage Penis until it snows
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-11-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

And this is why I posted this topic. There's pretty much no end to the different views, and as far as anyone else is concerned, all of them are right.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-11-2011
Fat1Fared's Avatar
Fat1Fared Fat1Fared is offline
Chumba Wumba
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Ministry of Evil
Blurb: What is a blurb?
Posts: 9,458
Default

Ok, so I admit I was being purposefully antagistic last night and that isn't my real view on sex; but I hate all the self-righteous bull you hear from those who ain't getting enough.It is clear that the people here have watched too many Meg Ryan films or something of that ilk.

-So now here is my actual view for what it is worth:

-For all intents and purposes; I agree with tylers previous comment (barring obvious removal of rape...etc, because we know who on here likes to force everything to be explicit). However I would say, there are ways to make sex more healthy and fun and restraint isn't one of them, it only causes you problems and generally the problems with sex, have nothing to do with sex, but in fact are emotional problems which people blame on sex as an easy target. I hate to admit it, I have left more than 1 girl broken hearted and each one of them had nothing to do with sex...I'm just a bit of a douche and never learn from my mistakes.
-=But that being said, your not harming anyone who is not choosing to be harmed by your choice, so I cannot damn you for it.
That being said, generally outside those who take religion seriously, the only people who really take the restraint view are those who have no choice in the matter and in truth are just too proud to admit that.

1=if you call other girls stupid or whores because they like sex; go fuck yourself as clear no one is doing you. Don't blame them, because guys are basically primitive douches when looking for 1 night stand partners and because you ain't great at attracting partners.

2=Sex and love are not the same and don't believe the films which say they are. People can perfectually normal function lives and still have sex with people have no emotional attraction to what so ever. Now love in the sense of settle down, get partner...etc does need sex, but that is because the reason one settles down is to make functional home...etc and that is why your not in a relationship until sex is on the cards...<note difference between that and actually having to be sexually active>

3=That being said, Sex with someone you care about is normally better than sex with someone you care nothing about for the obvious reason that you like doing things with this person, whether it be study or sex. On the other hand, animal sex is nothing more than looking for selfish pleasure and so neither partner is passionate about what doing, just night of fun and if not great for other person, chances are, never going to occur again anyway.
-However if both are consenting adults, who know what getting into and just want some fun, please tell me what is wrong with them having fun, unless they are idiots and don't protect themselves or unable to hold themselves accountable for the risks.

=Next guys, here is some advise; two things they don't tell you in those rom-com's...first if you are a guy, lose it while you are a-hole teen, because the longer you leave it as a guy, the harder it gets, both physically and mentally. Girls, I cannot speak for you, so I won't.
-Next, guys if the girl who you are fucking is a virgin, you are going to hurt her and trust me, if you ain't experienced and have no idea what your doing, then that is one of the worst experiences ever. In fact it is one of the reasons why sex with someone you care about can be woeful, because lets face it, who wants to hunt someone they care about and for this reason, getting experience while your young and reckless is good, especially if your partner is experienced, because if facing this later on without experience, only going to make it harder and more complicated.
-That being said, guys don't tell girls your not a virgin, they honestly won't be impressed; not saying lie, just leave the past in the past.

=However as I said at the start, in truth I do agree with tyler to the extant that it is personal choice, just remember it is a double choice...not single and so though the choice is one you make for yourself, it will effect your partner equally.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2011
HolyShadow's Avatar
HolyShadow HolyShadow is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Holy Land
Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?
Posts: 12,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat1Fared View Post
However I would say, there are ways to make sex more healthy and fun and restraint isn't one of them,
Not a fan of bondage, Fared?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2011
ClumsyCake's Avatar
ClumsyCake ClumsyCake is offline
 
Gender: Both
Location: Put a quarter in ya ass cause ya PLAYED YOURSELF!
Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.
Posts: 2,112
Default

Most girls love getting hurt while having sex fared, that's why guys spank their asses and etc. tisk tisk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-12-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

Can we please not generalize to that degree?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-12-2011
HolyShadow's Avatar
HolyShadow HolyShadow is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: The Holy Land
Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?
Posts: 12,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClumsyCake View Post
Most girls love getting hurt while having sex fared, that's why guys spank their asses and etc. tisk tisk
There are masochistic girls and sadistic girls, like there are masochistic guys and sadistic guys. There are also combinations of those, as well as those who are neither one nor the other.

Fared seems like the last kind.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-12-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

Everyone has their tolerance for abuse from their partner. Cross this line, and you will have someone seriously pissed off. Generalize it, and you will have someone just as pissed off.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-12-2011
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies's Avatar
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies GcarOatmealRaisinCookies is offline
Closet Trekkie
 
Gender: Male
Location: HarryOatmeal's bed
Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Posts: 23,144
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies Send a message via Skype™ to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
Default

a fetish community exists.
there's even a fetish facebook for them.
Fetish isn't my cup of tea, but it does exist.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-12-2011
Jotenks's Avatar
Jotenks Jotenks is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Kame House
Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru
Posts: 1,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwtyler1985 View Post
*sigh* I was rather hoping that people would pick up on this and present views that could be contradictory to someone else's views so we could probe deeper into this, but I guess this topic is about dead...
I'll help you along then.

When people get married. Have some self control with your pants.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-12-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

... Would you care to elaborate beyond trolling for empty values?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-12-2011
Jotenks's Avatar
Jotenks Jotenks is offline
 
Gender: Male
Location: Kame House
Blurb: Omae wa mo shindeiru
Posts: 1,043
Default

They ain't empty values when I believe in them. I do actually think people should keep sex for marriage, less problems that way.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2011
TheOcean's Avatar
TheOcean TheOcean is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Somewhere frozen.
Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.
Posts: 22,235
Default

I disagree that you should wait till marriage. Sexual compatibility is important for a relationship to work. I would expand but I really don't feel like it.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-13-2011
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies's Avatar
GcarOatmealRaisinCookies GcarOatmealRaisinCookies is offline
Closet Trekkie
 
Gender: Male
Location: HarryOatmeal's bed
Blurb: I am Lorde, Ya Ya Ya
Posts: 23,144
Send a message via MSN to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies Send a message via Skype™ to GcarOatmealRaisinCookies
Default

do you know what they call a married couple that NOT having sex?

Divorced
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-13-2011
ClumsyCake's Avatar
ClumsyCake ClumsyCake is offline
 
Gender: Both
Location: Put a quarter in ya ass cause ya PLAYED YOURSELF!
Blurb: Powered by hate, so keep hating.
Posts: 2,112
Default

Or old, either way. i don't think anyone want's to think their sweet ole grandma is getting freaky in the bed with her kinky self.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-13-2011
gwtyler1985's Avatar
gwtyler1985 gwtyler1985 is offline
 
Gender: Unknown
Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Posts: 4,311
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985
Default

Old people go at it all the time. It's one of the perks of being old. Retired, getting stipends from your kids and the government and other people's kids, you spend 10 hours a day sleeping and another 3 hours in bed with all kinds of pills. You know why? Because after a certain age, there aren't any health risks to sex. And at that age, nobody really cares who you screw, since everyone under 45 is trying to ignore the fact that old people have more sex than they do and everyone older than that is too busy having sex with other people over 45 to care.

Unless they're still married or physically unable to move or are very high up in the catholic church. The first case just has less of a chance of late late late really late onset gonorrhea and the second is just slightly less likely to move, and the third can no longer be considered human by any definition, not just those pertaining to sex.

On a younger note,
Quote:
I would think that if things aren't happening for you by 20, hang up whatever sex organ you have.
Let's where that gets us.

Last edited by gwtyler1985; 11-13-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Yu-Gi-Oh is the property of Konami and Kazuki Takahashi. We are only a parody, we are not breaking any laws nor intend to. See our disclaimer and terms of use. You can also contact us. Maybe you even want to read our about us page. Smileys by David Lanham. Hosted by Cthulhu.... Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.