This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games

Old 07-10-2011
Banned

Default Ghost Trick?

Are there any fans of this amazing game out there? I'm thinking of starting up Ghost Trick Mafia, but not sure if anyone would be interested.
Old 07-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

I've played the game and was fond of it, but I'm not sure how it would work as a mafia game.
Old 07-10-2011

Blurb: You may say I lost everything; but I still had my bedazzler.

Never heard of it, what's it about?
Old 07-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to Fenrir502

It's AMAZING! You're this ghost, right? but you're also a detective! Only you're not really a detective because you don't have a badge or anything, but you still detect stuff because you got shottified by a blue man and have a bad case of the deads and you can't remember anything aboutyour life. So you use your magical powers of posessing objects, jumping between objects, performing functions with objects, travelling backwards in time to four minutes before a corpse died and travelling through telephone wires to learn all about you~

Along the way you meet... Ugh... crap, I forget her name. She looks Yoko Littner. She dies a lot, so you keep saving her life. Because travelling back in time to save someone allows them to see and interact with you, you eventually strum up a partnership to try and save Detective Whatserface's idol and cause of her daddy issues, Detective Bowd or Jowd or something similar, who is facing the death penalty for a crime he didn't commit.

So after assing around doing whatever, you eventually sneak into his high security prison and save his life (by going back in time from his electrocution), but he is less than enthused about it. He supposes he'll allow you to bust his ungrateful ass out of prison in what is likely the second most annoying stealth mission I've ever played. Unfortunately, the very second you bust him out, Lynne's (THAT's her name, I remember now) mentor and distillery of awesomeness Inspector Cabanela catches you and chucks Bowd back in da big house, but allows him a phone call first, which you use to jump to another place.

Then a lot more stuff happens, but going too much into that would be SPOILARS. Suffice to say it's well worth playing if you have DS machine access. :)

EDIT: INSPECTOR CABANELANESS

Last edited by Fenrir502; 07-10-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2011
Banned

*takes the sugar bowl away from Fenrir and gives it to some unfortunate orphans*

The girl you are thinking of is Lynne.

Anyway, I've already got the game done and ready to play. I based the main ruleset off of the games I've seen here, going through the Forum Games section. I've edited them a lot, but there are still parts that are about the same. I hope that's not a problem.O_o It's got some differences from normal Mafia games, though.
Old 07-11-2011
Banned

Well, I decided to go ahead with it. I hope people will sign up...
Old 07-11-2011

Location: Previously Uranus; Relocated to Neptune; Then dragged against my will to Pluto
Blurb: This is pathetic and sardonic. It's sadistic and psychotic..

What the hell?!

I wanted to sign up!
Old 08-01-2011
Banned

I love Ghost Trick! A Mafia version sounds really fun. I can't wait to play it.^^
Old 08-21-2011

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

I must say, this game really impressed me, and the Mafia game sounded like a cool enough idea. I remember talking to Yami about the rules for this, so I might try and give it a whirl once I arrive in America tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2011
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick Send a message via Skype™ to bakurachick

bero's coming here? =p
Old 08-23-2011

Blurb: Pizza, duuude
Send a message via MSN to berober04

Moving. Anyway, I got Yami and Yomiel to agree to let me host their game, since Mystical couldn't do it. I'm doing to go get the new thread up.