This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Forum Community > Forum Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011
Definitely Kim Jong Un

Blurb: PSN: animex75b Switch: SW-5941-0272-2331
Send a message via Skype™ to animex75
Default Death Note: Another Forum Game

DISCLAIMER: This game is not for the casual player.

Death Note: The OTHER Forum Game

General Overview:
The number of players will range from 10-15 max. When someone dies either via role or town vote, their name (role) and alignment are all revealed publicly. Dead players may still participate in the vote. Alignment and roles are also revealed when someone is interrogated or investigated.

To align yourself with either Kira or L, you message the GM which side you want to align with. You can change this alignment once per turn at the beginning of the turn, but not mid-turn. Some roles cannot change their alignment. Naomi Misora can only be aligned with L or neutral, and Ryuk is always aligned with Kira. Alignments are NOT teams; just because you are aligned with L does not mean that you are going to benefit or help him (see Light Yagami below).

Kira, Ryuk, and L are chosen at random at the beginning of the game from the player list. If L is chosen as Ryuk or Kira by the RNG, the RNG is re-spun until necessary. L and Ryuk gets their roles first and if L chooses Kira as Watari, the RNG is also re-spun for Kira until necessary. Ryuk's and Watari's identities are revealed publicly.

Successor Rule:
  • If Kira and/or L dies on turn one then there is a successor, Misa and Coil respectively. If Kira or L are chosen as the other's successor, they automatically win the round. If one side gets a successor, so does the other, no matter when the other dies. If one side loses both the original and the successor, then the game ends.
Order of Events:
Actions are done in the order the actions are received by the GM. The lynch is done first in the results.

Primary Roles

Light Yagami
  • Main power: Light can find out the action of one player per turn. He can also find out the L kill automatically if it happens. He must message the GM to state that he's doing so.
    • Drawback: He cannot see these things if he is targeted by what he's finding out.
  • Kira-alignment: He automatically becomes the Kira successor if there is one.
  • L-alignment: If he can find who L is and accuse him of being L, he wins the round unless succession takes effect.
    • Drawback: He gets one accusation. If he's wrong, he can no longer align with L.
    • GM Note: If successful at winning the game, it's listed as "Light Victory".
L Lawliet (note: to prevent confusion, refer to this role as just "Lawliet" in results)
  • Main power: Lawliet can guess what the Kira or Misa kill is going to be every other turn. If he's right, then he is told what the following turn's kill is when it happens.
  • Kira-alignment: If he is targeted by Kira or Misa, Kira/Misa will die three turns after he does.
  • L-alignment: Lawliet will die in the place of L should L be targeted.
Quillish Wammy
  • Main power: He can kidnap one person per round and keep them for up to three turns. His other powers cannot be used when this is in effect.
  • Kira-alignment: He can assassinate one person.
  • L-alignment: He can injure someone every other turn.
  • Note that once he picks a side, he cannot switch.
Ryuk
  • Main power: Ryuk (and Beyond Birthday as a shinigami) is able to give one non-Kira player aligned with Kira the ability to see all information of one player per round, for the whole round.
    • This includes their role, all people they target, and all roles that target them. This will not reveal alignments or whether they are Kira or L, or one of the successors. In exchange, if the recipient is targeted, they cannot be protected from the power by any role.
  • Immortality: Shinigami cannot die.
  • Ryuk knows Kira's identity.
Raye Penber
  • Main power: He is able to investigate whether a player is Kira or L every two turns.
  • Kira-alignment: He can interrogate someone on one of his off-turns, revealing their name to him, but not whether they are Kira or L.
  • L-alignment: If he is killed for any reason, his successor, Naomi Misora, can be selected out of any remaining living players.
    • Successor (Naomi Misora):
      • Main power: She is able to investigate whether a player is Kira or L every two turns.
        • Drawback: If she investigates Kira, then she dies at the end of the turn.
      • L-alignment: If she is killed by Kira, L gains three names that are not Kira.
        • Drawback: She can choose affiliation on her second turn alive, not her first. She doesn't keep the affiliation she had before being chosen as Naomi.
Soichiro Yagami
  • Main power: He can arrest two players per turn.
  • Kira-alignment: He can protect one person from an L-accusation once per round. He messages the GM to do this, not post it in the thread.
  • L-alignment: He can interrogate one person per turn, gaining their name. This only shows a primary role in the case that the target has a secondary.
Kyosuke Higuchi
  • Main power: He can switch his powers with someone else's permanently (unless they switch back). This can be used up to three times per round TOTAL, whether by the original or anyone who he switched with. Only the powers shift, not the alignment; if he is aligned with a different side than his target, both of their alignments remain the same, and each player gains the alignment powers of their new roles. This cannot switch who Kira or L is.
  • Kira-alignment: He can be killed in the place of Kira. He cannot be protected from this kill by any role.
  • L-alignment: When he is killed by Kira, L gains the name of one person who is not Kira.
Beyond Birthday
  • Main power: He can kill one person per turn. If he kills two people consecutively, he'll commit suicide the next turn and become a second shinigami. This is revealed publicly.
    • Note: Beyond Birthday was born with the shinigami eyes, and as such is able to use them in the same way as the eyes gained from Ryuk, only without the drawback from having them.
  • Kira-alignment: He can kill in place of Kira every other turn and has no kill-limit. The GM notifies Kira and acts as a medium between the two.
    • Drawback: If he is interrogated by ANY role, he is killed at the end of the turn.
  • L-alignment: He loses his ability to kill. If he has not killed anyone by the time he dies for whatever reason, he becomes a Poltergeist, capable of possessing once per turn with his own possession slot.
Thierry Morrello
  • Main power: He can pretend to be any player, making all information about him appear to be that player's. He can switch what he appears as at any time, even during the middle of the turn. When he is investigated while impersonating someone else, the information revealed is that of the person being impersonated.
  • Kira-alignment: If he is given shinigami eyes and is Kira-aligned, then he gains the information of the one he chooses to impersonate, but can only impersonate three times per round, every other turn.
  • L-alignment: One wrong L kill has no drawback. He becomes the successor to L if there is one.
Merrie Kenwood
  • Main power: She is able to intercept a random PM to the GM. She can choose to change the content of the PM or leave it alone. She is not revealed who sent the PM.
  • Kira-aligned: She can steal the shinigami eyes power from one player, if she can find out who has them. She cannot steal Beyond Birthday's eyes.
  • L-aligned: She can change the name of one player per turn to a name from the role list. The player keeps the powers of their original role.
Misa Amane (note: to prevent confusion, refer to this role as just "Amane" in results)
  • Main Power: She cannot be killed by the Kira kill.
  • Kira-aligned: If she is given the shinigami eyes, she can use them on two targets rather than just one.
    • Drawback: If Light Yagami dies, she commits suicide the next turn.
  • L-aligned: She loses her immunity to the Kira kill. If she dies, the successor rule is re-instated for the two turns afterword.
Teru Mikami
  • Main power: Once per game, he can learn the primary role of one random player.
    • Drawback: If he finds Kira then Kira also learns who he is.
  • Kira-aligned: He can attempt to change 3 votes per turn with a 50% chance of success.
  • L-aligned: He can free one person from Soichiro's custody every other turn.
Touta Matsuda
  • Main power: He can message the GM one role to claim the name of upon death. His true role isn't revealed until the end of the round. Matsuda does not gain any powers of the role he claims to be.
  • Kira-alignment: He can learn the results of Soichiro's interrogations.
  • L-alignment: He can attempt to stop a Kira kill by messaging the GM. This only works once.
Mihael Keehl
  • Main power: He can survive one attempt to kill him.
    • Drawback: This can't protect him from the Kira kill.
  • Kira-alignment: If he can find out who Kira or Misa is, Mihael can kill them and take their place. Kira/Misa is not revealed as such until after the round is over.
  • L-alignment: He can message the GM to change the Kira/Misa kill to a player of his choice. He only succeeds once per game.
Nate River
  • Main power: Nate River is immune to the L accusation.
  • Kira-alignment: He loses his immunity to the L accusation. If he can find who Kira is and accuse him of being Kira, he wins the round unless succession takes effect.
    • Drawback: He gets one accusation. If he's wrong, he can no longer align with Kira.
    • GM Note: As with Light, this would be listed as "Nate River Victory" if successful.
  • L-alignment: He can guess what the L or Coil kill is going to be every turn. If he's right, then he is told what the following turn's kill is if it happens.
Kiyomi Takada
  • Main Power: If she is arrested or kidnapped, both her and the player who took her have their names revealed publicly.
  • Kira-alignment: Once per game, she can choose to publicly reveal one player's name.
  • L-alignment: Three times per round, she can hide a player's name from interrogation or possession once per use. The next interrogation against them fails and if they're possessed, the ghost is messaged what the person's role is.
    • Drawback: This can't hide people from the shinigami eyes.

Secondary Roles

Kira/Misa
  • Kira and Misa can kill once per turn. In order to kill, they must send in a role name (name) AND a username (face). For example, to kill L Lawliet, Kira or Misa would have to message their kill like "I kill animex75/L Lawliet." and if they are correct the person dies.
  • Since L, Coil, and Watari are secondary roles, in order to kill them you would need their primary role.
L/Coil
  • L and Coil can accuse someone of being Kira or Misa once every other turn. If they are wrong, Kira/Misa gains a name that isn't L/Coil's.
  • L chooses Watari at the beginning of the round from the player list.
Watari
  • He can attempt to stop the town kill every turn, up to three times. This only works if the vote count is less than half of the living town. If he is killed by Kira, then L is impervious to non-Kira killing roles.
  • Watari can only be aligned with L and is aware of L's identity.
  • Watari is revealed publicly, but not his/her name. For example, you would learn that animex75 is Watari, but not the role they have as the primary.
  • Watari can NOT be Kira.
Death

Ghosts
  • Dead players become ghosts. They can vote like normal players. A ghost can possess every other turn.
  • There can only be one possession every other turn aside from the Poltergeist, first come first-served.
Poltergeist
  • If Beyond Birthday dies while aligned with L and without making a single kill, he becomes a Poltergeist.
  • The Poltergeist can possess every turn and gets his own possession slot alongside the normal one.
Statuses:

Arrested
  • Players who are arrested cannot vote (any votes made prior are not counted) and cannot action; if actions are made, they are canceled unless they activate mid-turn (such as Thierry Morrello's impersonation) and even then, it has to be done before the arrest is made.
Kidnapped
  • Being kidnapped is treated like being arrested, except the kidnapping can last up to three turns and the kidnapper can release the victim at any time.
Injured
  • Injured players cannot vote or action. As with being arrested, only mid-turn actions will activate, and even then only if they were activated before the player is injured.
Possessed
  • Players who are possessed cannot vote or action. If their vote has been cast by the time they're possessed, their vote cannot be changed, otherwise their vote belongs to the possessor.
  • The possessor also controls the person's actions, however actions that activate mid-turn cannot be changed after they have taken effect, but any end-of-turn action can be changed beforehand.
  • Possession reveals a player's name (role), but not their alignment.

Made by animex75 and HolyShadow.

Last edited by animex75; 02-25-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Adding the new roles and making changes.
Old 04-14-2011

Blurb: Anon, do you have a moment to talk about Jesus?

Records and such can be viewed here.

Last edited by MarioMaster3000; 01-06-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Requested
Old 04-14-2011
Definitely Kim Jong Un

i'm definitely playing it
Old 04-14-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

this shows I really need to watch you guys more, but looks interesting, so sure I'm in lol
Old 04-14-2011

Blurb: And then...The Kid fell to his death. Nah, I'm just foolin.

I guess I'll sign up
Old 04-14-2011
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

Old 04-14-2011

Blurb: Rawr!
Send a message via Yahoo to Deathscythe Hikara Send a message via Skype™ to Deathscythe Hikara

I'm in.
Old 04-14-2011

Alright. Signing up.
Old 04-14-2011

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985

Might as well sign up.
Old 04-14-2011

Blurb: My sexual preference is often.

Yep, sign me up.
Old 04-14-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to Deathscythe Hikara Send a message via Skype™ to Deathscythe Hikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
Yep, sign me up.
Oh, Yes. There will be blood.
Old 04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe Hikara View Post
Oh, Yes. There will be blood.
I drink your milkshake. I DRINK IT UP!
Old 04-14-2011
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

I'll give it a shot. Sign up and stuff.
Old 04-14-2011

One more for signups.
Old 04-15-2011
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick Send a message via Skype™ to bakurachick

i sign up.
Old 04-15-2011

Signups are closed. Roles will be handed out now.
Old 04-15-2011

Roles handed out. Round will start soon.
Old 04-15-2011

Blurb: If I save time, when do I get it back?

I want innnn......wait im too late =O
Old 04-15-2011

There exists a man in this world... he is a man who is powerful, as he owns a notebook that can transcend death. This man was once blinded by the veil of reality, but now he sees... and now he can see his future.

As he begins using this note-- called the "Death Note", he gives off a smirk. All of his enemies fall, and all the criminals who pissed him off are suddenly disappearing. He pats himself on his back as the world appears to improve around him.

The ultimate deterrent: Death. Surely, he is JUSTICE!

...But as he flips through channels on the television, he sees a public challenge.

"Hello... I am L. Based on my findings, I believe there is someone who has been killing criminals, using some means to give them heart attacks. I don't fear retaliation.

I am issuing a public challenge to this 'Kira.' Come and get me. I'll destroy you."

As "Kira" watched this, he snarled. "How DARE this worthless human challenge me!? I'm GOD!"

He wrote the name of the person on the television into the note.

1... 2... 3...

He counted...

26... 27... 28...

Sweat dropped down his brow as the man on the television continued to bark challenges at him. "THAT FOOL!"

The last few seconds seemed to last forever as he anticipated his swift victory...

38........ 39......... 40!

The man fell down to the floor, clutching his chest, gasping out for life that wasn't there.

"Talk bad about me now, human!" He jumped out of his chair. "You can't, because you're dead! Let this be a lesson to the world! Kira is JUSTICE!"

Suddenly the screen turned white with an "L" on it, and a garbled voice played, clearly modified.

"It's amazing... I was right. You can kill from a distance. This place was sealed off. No one could enter, and there were cameras from outside... I wasn't entirely sure, and had to see it to believe it. That's amazing."

Kira stood dumbfounded and angry at this insult to him, unable to speak any words.

"My challenge still stands. All you killed was a criminal whose execution date was set to later today. Kira... what you're doing is childish, and I will bring you to JUSTICE!"

A Shinigami floated into the room Kira was in, chewing an apple, and appeared quickly behind him. Kira felt cold air enter the room and turned around. What he saw was "Ryuk", OverMind.

Kira yelled out "Who do you think you are?"

He said, quite subtly. "I am a... SMOKING GUN. My name is Ryuk."

Kira quickly wrote the name in the death note, hoping to kill it, but it didn't work.

Ryuk chuckled and said "Haven't you read the rules? The Shinigami can't die. Relax... I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to be entertained. Entertain me, human."

Kira calmed down and said "You're the one who gave me this, aren't you?"

Ryuk said "Not to you specifically, it was random. But yes. Yes I did."

Kira smiled frighteningly and said "Thank you... 'Shinigami'. I'll be sure to use your toy to change the world."

Ryuk responded "...Do you have any apples?"

L sat at his computer on the floor, and withdrew a cell phone from his pocket. He spoke into it. "Hello, Watari. I'll need your help on this one. To show I'm me, your 'name' is... Darkarcher."

_____

Darkarcher is Watari.
OverMind is Ryuk.

Enjoy.

_____

Role List:
  • animex75
  • Fat1Fared
  • rikkuwolf
  • grimfang999
  • Deathscythe Hikara
  • Zairak
  • gwtyler1985
  • OverMind - Ryuk
  • darkarcher - Watari
  • bakurachick
Old 04-15-2011

STUPID DOOR WON'T OPEN!
Old 04-15-2011

So, uh, are we able to vote or something?
Old 04-15-2011

I vote Zairak.
Old 04-15-2011

Location: Well, since I'm always the last one on here, I'd say this is my home. NOW GET THE HELL OUT!!
Blurb: My ego is now a meme.
Send a message via MSN to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Yahoo to gwtyler1985 Send a message via Skype™ to gwtyler1985

I vote baku because nothing's quite the same without her trying to kill me right off the bat.
Old 04-15-2011
Definitely Kim Jong Un

i guess i'll vote for fared
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMind View Post
So, uh, are we able to vote or something?
Indeed.

Vote count:
Zairak - 1
bakurachick - 1
Fat1Fared - 1

Also, going to bed now. See y'all in the morning.
Old 04-15-2011
Has been noticed

Blurb: Yo.
Cobra
Send a message via MSN to bakurachick Send a message via Skype™ to bakurachick

Really tyler is that how it is :D i vote gwtyler then
Old 04-16-2011

Watch we have 10 votes....For 10 different people, lmao.
Old 04-16-2011

I vote for Rikkuswolf.

What? I wanna keep the tie going, and SUPERFLY JOHNSON looked at SUPERFLY JOHNSON funny.
Old 04-16-2011
Sex-Administrator

Blurb: This is a Blurb

I vote myself
Old 04-16-2011
Chumba Wumba

Blurb: What is a blurb?

looks like I need to vote animex then
Closed Thread