This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Television

Old 07-18-2007

Naruto Shippuuden > Bleach >>>>>>> Naruto
Old 07-18-2007

I like Naruto more. The characters in Bleach just seem... odd, and out of place. I havn't watched very much of Bleach (stopped after the Bount Arc), but still, there hasn't really been a character in there that makes me say/think 'Jeez, that character freaking rocks!'. Naruto Shippuden is even better, though.
Old 07-18-2007

OMG.......tOo.......hArd.........To..........cHoOs E.........................

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHRG!!!!! I guess.....

I vote for Bleach, just because there's not as many filler episodes...

There........
Old 07-18-2007

bleach!! most definitely!
i've seen both bleach and naruto up to both of the most recent episodes, and i can safely say bleach, because there were not points in that anime where i actually had to force myself to keep going because of highly boring fillers, whereas with naruto, many of the fillers were so dull, i near fell asleep.
Old 07-18-2007

I havent watched the majority of the naruto fillers, but the bleach ones do vary. I hated the Bount arc but the latest ones with Hitsugaya and Karin with football was so funny. Plus Ikkau and Kendo too.
Old 07-18-2007

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>............... ........../sigh

Shippudan is one of the most disppointing, worst animated pieces of crap out right now, what it is? 17 episodes and 20 min of good animation so far? To many fights take place at one point and they have terrible consistancy in the anuimation, SHippudan right now is BS and better step up.
Old 07-18-2007

Bleach!! I enjoy Bleach more than Naruto, since the dubbing isnt half bad on Bleach and all bad on Naruto.
Old 07-18-2007

Naruto. never bothered with Bleach.
Old 07-19-2007

I can't choose between either because there two different styles of anime. Each one has its strength and weaknesses alot better than the other. Bleach has the best music by far for its begining and ending themes the fighting songs pretty good to, it has rocking sword fights. Bleach's reaserch is pretty accurate when it comes to shinnigami's and every thing like that while Naruto's world was completley made up from scratch. It uses a bit of the idea of ki but in a new way called chakera used for different purposes. Naruto's world of creativity, action and overlly emo charactors that you love and hate surpass bleach's by far while bleach was studied so acuratly and posses rocking fighting sceens in there style with its great music can easily beat Naruto's. The two to me have way to different styles of art, music, technique, and story to be able to compare to one onother so easily.
Old 07-19-2007

The biggest reason i like Naruto is because of Naruto himself.
He´s the most original main charater in a long while.
But Naruto is as i said before beginning to feel repetetive.
Bleach is just a little bit more enjoyeble right now.
Old 07-19-2007

I kinda feel like Bleach is too similar to DBZ. It's just like DBZ with swords.
He's a shinigami! Ultimate power!
He's got senkai! Ultimate Power!
He's got Bankai! Ultimate Power!
He's got Hollowness! Ultimate Power!
Old 07-19-2007

Bleach! I have a thing for shinigamis and cool swords more than ninjas...
Old 07-20-2007

well i wonder what i shall pick...haha you guys will never guess in a million years...

i havta say Bleach, i'm on the most recent episode of it and even the filler arc was a really good arc, the only part that i disliked is that the [ Bount go to the Soul Society. ]

With Naruto I had watched every English dub, and it was getting really boring for me, I mean the amount of time wasted on taunts and stories were so drawn out...especially in the middle of the fight; While in Bleach(most of the time hehe) you learn a little about a character every episode.

GO BLEACH!
Old 07-20-2007

Bleach all the way!! The characters have inhuman powers rather than naruto characters!
Old 07-20-2007

Naruto can turn into a bubbling red glowing demon thing when he gets pissed. And Sasuke can turn into a flying demon thing that looks like a girl.
Why must everything Orochimaru make look like a transvestite? It's fun to replace his name with Michael Jackson though.
Old 07-20-2007

Bleach, because the whole stylization seems more realistic. Naruto has a wider variety of characters, but it has so many characters that it has trouble developing all of them. The characters, in Bleach seem much more human and behave much more like tangibly emotional. Although Naruto does seem to have better plotted story arcs, and a finer sense of direction. Bleach has more lifelike fight scenes, and seems much more severe in its manner. Naruto on the other hand, has much more humor and a lighter feel. In the end it comes down to preference: If you like light hearted characters go with Naruto. If you want realistic dialogue go with Bleach.
Old 07-20-2007

Oh by the way the worst thing about Naruto is the flashbacks.
Don`t get me wrong flashbacks is a great way to explain characters and their motivations but Naruto goes way too far.

The best exampel is the Sasuke flashback wich was so long that i ended up skipping episodes to see the actual fight.
I just felt yeah yeah i get the point, can we just move on to the fighting now.

Bleach have flashbacks too but they only tell enough for the watcher to get the point(and they often arn´t placed in the begging of the fight as well).
Old 07-20-2007

Send a message via MSN to xellos88

Bleach... Naruto started great but then it just bored me, I still read the manga but im thinking about stopping because...
SPOILER!!!
...of the whole "lets rescue Sasuke!" thing. Orochimaru its dead alredy, from whom are you going to rescue him?! Face it Naruto Sasuke thinks you are annoying and doest want to be your friend anymore!!!
Old 07-20-2007

Quote:
Naruto. I find myself caring more about the characters in that than in Bleach, but it's still very close. Admittedly though, I've been staying "legit" and not getting ahead of the American showings on Cartoon Network, so filler hasn't become a big factor yet and that opinion may change in the future, but that's where I stand now.
I have to agree with that completely. I personaly hate all the Bleach characters, Ishida is about the only one I like, along with Chad.

Unlike Bleach there are a few characters I actually like and can relate to.

Although for both animes both have an extrememly annoying character that you just want to rip the head off. I personaly think that it has a better plot line and it actually has surprising twists. Bleach you can pretty much guess whats coming and it happens.

Both animes are WAY too over-rated, though.
Old 07-20-2007

I don't like the feel of Bleach. The characters just don't seem to fit, they seem... weird.

Plus, Bleach is way too bloody. Where does all this blood come from?

Ok I'm done.
Old 07-21-2007

Toughie, I really liked Naruto pre-fillers, because of Orochimaru (I love his theme, sounds like Bach's Tocatta Und Fugue) and Gaara, although (anime spoilers ahead) [ I can't believe they killed him off, I don't mind a bit of death here and there, but Gaara was [s]one of[/s] the best character >.< ]. I'd probably say Bleach though, less fillers, more action.

Although I disagree with whoever said Bleach had a deeper story. I think Gaara and Sasuke's past were deeper than anything in Bleach. I think Bleach lacks in story but makes up with it in action whereas Naruto is all talk.

Naruto had the potential to become a great anime, if they'd just wait for the manga to finish or something instead of making the anime SO slow-paced. I might eventually read the manga to see if it's any better, although I don't really like manga, I tried reading the Death Note manga but it just seemed... So un-epic. Whenever something happened that would really grip me in the anime, I just thought "meh", I find it hard to get into the story when I'm just reading it.

However, I was extremely disappointed with Shippuuden. The first 5 minutes (or however long the rescue sasuke bit was) looked amazing, I thought it was going to turn awesome again, but then it just disintegrated into crap.
Old 07-21-2007

I've watched only a couple episodes of Bleach, but I'd probably pick that over Naruto since Bleach tries not to ripoff Yu Yu Hakusho so much unlike Naruto which rip offs DBZ so much
Old 07-21-2007

/BS

Bleach has NEVER tried to be Yu Yu, in fact the creators of Bleach, naruto and One Piece and Yu Yu are all FANS of DBZ, DBZ sparked all of them. Bleach is like DBZ with swords, Naruto is DBZ with Ninja wannabes, One Piece is DBZ with pirates, and worse, after season one, Yu Yu is just DBZ period.
Old 07-21-2007

Blurb: Remembah me?
Send a message via AIM to Maruna Send a message via MSN to Maruna Send a message via Skype™ to Maruna

Naruto or Bleach? That's easy. One Piece.
The exclusion of One Piece in this poll is a crime.
Old 07-22-2007

[quote]Although I disagree with whoever said Bleach had a deeper story. I think Gaara and Sasuke's past were deeper than anything in Bleach. I think Bleach lacks in story but makes up with it in action whereas Naruto is all talk.
[quote]Yeah that´s true.

But i dont watch Bleach for it´s story but because it´s entertainiment values and sometimes thats enough(don´t get me wrong i like good action stories but there are way worse Shonen-mangas out there than Bleach).
Old 07-22-2007

My avatar speaks for itself
Old 07-22-2007

Send a message via MSN to xellos88

Quote:
Naruto or Bleach? That's easy. One Piece.
The exclusion of One Piece in this poll is a crime.
Double True! One Piece pwns all!
Old 07-22-2007

Quintuple true, I said that in my first post!

One Piece owns my eye sockets.
Old 07-22-2007
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

As far as animation quality, I'd say Bleach.

For story + character support, it goes to Naruto.

And agreeing with the above posts, One Piece has the best manga.

I'm so torn...
Old 07-23-2007

Naruto... No Bleach... No Naruto... No Bleach... No Naru.... No Blea.... Don't make me chose!!!