This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and Gon's Balls will whisper 'First... comes... rock!' Hah!  Made you stare at Naruto's Marshmallow!  Pushing the logo off-center to drive TheOcean insane.  

HomeEpisodesStoreForumiTunes Chat

Go Back   Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series > Other Interests > Games

Old 02-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Dragon Champ
Default Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm a giant Sonic fan, I have the music, games, loads of stuff. Kinda sad really.

In my opinion I think that the old sonic games for the sega, were way beter then the new ones. (Except maybe sonic rush) Anyone else think that?
Old 02-06-2009

Send a message via AIM to TGLOMG A GIANT ROCK Send a message via MSN to TGLOMG A GIANT ROCK Send a message via Yahoo to TGLOMG A GIANT ROCK

i'm not really fond of the new games myself, expect for Zero Gravity & Unleashed
Old 02-06-2009

Location: On a mobile warship called the British Isles. Bet you thought it was a country, eh?
Blurb: I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it's the only way to get intelligent conversation.

Well, a majority of the 3d sonic games suck.

And the only good recent ones have been Sonic Rush
Old 02-06-2009

Send a message via MSN to Dragon Champ

yeah i agree, have you played the old sonic games for the genesis?
they were the best ones. just running around for no reason collecting rings.
Old 02-06-2009

Blurb: Finally at rest, the loving king

2D Sonic is great. I also loved Sonic Adventure 1 + 2. Sonic heroes was a step down but still good, Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty meh, Secret Rings was a step in the right direction but still not great, and Sonic Unleashed was awesome except for werewolf stages o wate that's 3/4 of the game ugh.
Old 02-06-2009
BANNEDARCHER!

Location: From the United Kingdom I'm looking for him. I'm going to California~
Blurb: Fool!

Unfortunately, Sonic never really did burst onto the 3D stage like his counterparts from other companies. His outings have been riddled with glitches, buggy controls, and a camera on the verge of the suicidal, and lost a lot of the speed that made him Sonic in the first place.

Sega needs to wisen up. Sonic doesn't need innovation, new characters, or a massive plot. At this point, all the fans really want is a fast Sonic game. Once Sega makes a 3D Sonic properly, then they can branch out and experiment with innovations to the system.
Old 02-07-2009

For me it goes Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Rush, Sonic 1, Sonic Advance 3, Sonic 2, and Sonic Battle.
Old 02-07-2009

Blurb: Putting the 'romance' in 'necromancy'
Send a message via MSN to LordMaddie

I got Sonic Advance 2. I got through the game pretty easily with Cream, though....
Old 02-20-2009

Location: Bonnie Scotland (along the road from the Forth Bridges)
Blurb: Screw, Yugi... I'M the third link in Mobiumshipping!
Send a message via MSN to KosmoF Send a message via Yahoo to KosmoF

For Gamecube I have Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Riders.

For Gameboy Advance I have Sonic Advance 1-3.

For Wii I have Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, and Sonic and the Secret Rings (not checked it out yet).

For DS I have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

For PC I have Sonic 3 and Knuckles collection, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, and Sonic Heroes.

Back in the day I had Sonic 1 (MD x 2, MS x 2, GG), Sonic 2 (MD x 2, MS, GG), Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Flicky's Island (MD), and Sonic Chaos (MS).

Last edited by KosmoF; 03-31-2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention some games
Old 02-20-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Champ View Post
I'm a giant Sonic fan, I have the music, games, loads of stuff. Kinda sad really.

In my opinion I think that the old sonic games for the sega, were way beter then the new ones. (Except maybe sonic rush) Anyone else think that?
I thought this was a scientific fact?
Old 02-20-2009
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Oath Send a message via MSN to Oath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLilithborne View Post
I thought this was a scientific fact?
I agree
*sigh* if only "Sonic Unleashed" was titled "Sonic" then the game woud be 100% awsome instead of 25% awsome

STUPID SEGA, THOSE ZETTA SONS OF DIGITS
Old 02-21-2009
Banned

Sonic needs to die.

The series has gone on too long.

Sonic Team is making too many Sonic games with little to no thought added in. They're making Sonic games for the sake of making Sonic games, knowing their fans will mindlessly buy the next. Sonic has lost its charm, becoming a "RADICAL COOL" mascot that Sega plans on whoring out to the last penny. It's not even really Sega's fault as it is Sonic Team, but Sega is responsible for moving all the people with bright ideas to Sonic Team.

Also Sonic Team's motto seems to be "if the character is going to move forward, it should be Sonic or some variation."
Old 02-21-2009

Location: On a mobile warship called the British Isles. Bet you thought it was a country, eh?
Blurb: I talk to myself a lot. Sometimes it's the only way to get intelligent conversation.

Sonic needs to go back to 2d games. And he needs to keep new characters out of the flow. The majority of problems being they don't fit in a fast sonic game.
Hell, they might even be able to reclaim Shadow from the destruction he suffered at the hands of his own game.
Old 03-05-2009

Blurb: Finally at rest, the loving king

Sonic and The Black Knight was apparently released a couple days ago.

Anyone have the courage to get it? :/
Old 03-05-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeev50 View Post
Sonic and The Black Knight was apparently released a couple days ago.

Anyone have the courage to get it? :/
It got a 3.7 from IGN.

Other people are saying it's "alright."
Old 03-15-2009

Send a message via MSN to roxasabridged

IGN hates Sonic.

I'd probably buy it if there's nothing better around... Although i'd more likely find a better shop...
Old 03-27-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to XxEnslavedNekoxX

I played a couple sonic games but not for very long. I always ended up dying. But I would like to see Sonic raise up again to where he used to be. I've been tempted to play the new game where Sonic turns into a were-hog. But most new games get horrible reviews. But then again, asking them to give us a good Sonic game is like asking them to do a new Phantasy Star game that doesn't suck.

I think the developers need to play the old games religiously and then focus on making a new game. I find that what normally kills a game after they start doing new ones after so long is, they seem to have forgotten what made the game great in the first place. And in this day and age, it seems like all the pretty games with top CG graphics are the ones that get the best reviews and bought the most by consumers.

Atleast from what I've seen. I could always be wrong.
Old 06-16-2009

I agree. I was good at Sonic games up till Heroes came out, and S06 was a joke. Haven't bought Secret Rings or Black Knight yet, nor have I gotten Unleashed. I used to play Sonic all the time. Now, I watch Anime nd play other games, hoping that, if I ever get Unleashed or another Sonic game, he'll actually run at the speed of sound rather then 40 miles per hour.

Thay should also stio making gods and god-like monsters the final bosses (Perfect Chaos, Biolizard/FinalHaazrd, Metal Overlord/Super-Dragon Metal Sonic (whose power was over 9000, according to the scouter), Iblis/Solaris, Perfect Dark Gaia) It workes the first two times, but never worked again (as far as I know, never bought Unleashed.)

And about how Sonic spends half of S06 chasing after Princess Elise, Who does he think he is, Mario? The controls were impresice, Sonic was slow, the plot wasn't canon, Dan Green's Voice Acting (as Knuckles) got annoying. Also, why bring in nre characters with every game? at least they did the fan base a favor and got rid of Cream.
Old 06-16-2009

Blurb: Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxasabridged View Post
IGN hates Sonic.
That's okay, everyone hates IGN.
Old 06-17-2009

I'm ambivalent twords IGN's existance. Anyway, thay should bring back the real Sonic, not this slow, impresice imposter.
Old 06-17-2009

This is probably because I haven't played many Sonic games at all, but I actually .ike S06. It had good music if nothing else :P
Old 06-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarcher View Post
Unfortunately, Sonic never really did burst onto the 3D stage like his counterparts from other companies. His outings have been riddled with glitches, buggy controls, and a camera on the verge of the suicidal, and lost a lot of the speed that made him Sonic in the first place.

Sega needs to wisen up. Sonic doesn't need innovation, new characters, or a massive plot. At this point, all the fans really want is a fast Sonic game. Once Sega makes a 3D Sonic properly, then they can branch out and experiment with innovations to the system.
wasn't sonic adventure rather fast??
It sufferd in camera but still.

BTW why aren't there anymore sonic spinball games

Last edited by Xats; 06-24-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2009

Blurb: How do I activate blurb?

Quote:
At this point, all the fans really want is a fast Sonic game.

I bet if he was blue and called sonic, you'd be all over it.
Old 06-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan's Voice View Post

I bet if he was blue and called sonic, you'd be all over it.
Who would want a sonic game with guns??
Old 06-26-2009

Blurb: See you in your dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Champ View Post
yeah i agree, have you played the old sonic games for the genesis?
they were the best ones. just running around for no reason collecting rings.
i've owned my sega since I was 4, and it was new when i bought it lol (to give you an idea that was in 1993)
Old 06-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xats View Post
Who would want a sonic game with guns??
Don't pick up the guns
Old 06-26-2009

Shadow's game was just a crappy spin-off. I mean it was OK, but bosses being re-used and heavily uninspired (seirously, an evil slot machine?) really annoyed me. I know that either the boss had different attacks, a different attack strategy was needed, or the arena was different, but the bosses should feel epic, not mediocre like they did. Of course, many games lack this "epicness."
Old 06-29-2009

The only real problem with the game was yeah... Deja Vu. Clone levels and same bosses. it's fun to beat your own times, though.

People say the controls are bad, for the GCN version (my version) it isn't, niether is the camera angle, as you can change it. People also say, "No matter what side you are on, they will ALL attack you." I think that was to prevent your enimies from attacking you by pretending to be on thier side. Example:

Gun fortress (Tons of Human enimies). If you had Rouge as your partner the whole level, you could just walk past the enimies and no challenge comes to you. YAY!
Old 06-29-2009

Old-school Sonic is the only Sonic that should count. I had every game for the Genesis, I think - Sonics 1, 2, and 3, Sonic & Knuckles... and Sonic Spinball. Yeah... I know. However, I have beaten every one of those games; the last one I beat was S&K because the second level of Sandopolis would always own my ass with its falling sand at the start of the level.

My main regret is that I have never played Sonic CD.
Old 06-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Old-school Sonic is the only Sonic that should count. I had every game for the Genesis, I think - Sonics 1, 2, and 3, Sonic & Knuckles... and Sonic Spinball. Yeah... I know. However, I have beaten every one of those games; the last one I beat was S&K because the second level of Sandopolis would always own my ass with its falling sand at the start of the level.

My main regret is that I have never played Sonic CD.
*slap* it's not that great really. The game over has people laughing

The only goodness is the bad future, like in OoT