Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Abridged Series (http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/index.php)
-   Television (http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Avatar: The Legend of Korra (http://forum.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/showthread.php?t=6802)

DarkSunDuelist 07-22-2010 08:39 AM

WOO!! We haz info!! And a cool pic:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/...gend-of-korra/

The only real reason they'd announce his Airbending teacher's identity is to answer all the fans going "ZOMG AANG WAS THE LAST AIRBENDER SO WHO'S GONNA TEACH EVERYONE ELSE?!". AFTER ALL, if you follow the cycle from the original series, Air should be the last one that Korra learns, since he starts with Water.

But, anyway, I digress. What're you guys' thoughts?

K!XD 07-22-2010 01:55 PM

I REAAAAALLY hope Mr. M. Night doesn't do a sequel...

But I hope this spin-off is good... I'd watch it!!! (b^_^)b

Spoofs3 07-22-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunDuelist (Post 1243407)
AFTER ALL, if you follow the cycle from the original series, Air should be the last one that Korra learns, since he starts with Water.

But, anyway, I digress. What're you guys' thoughts?

My thoughts are that Korra is a girl and thus a she, not a he =S

LazySlacker 07-22-2010 05:21 PM

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ker/tenzin.jpg

Ever since they announced Aang's son name I've been picturing this guy teaching Korra. I'm so psyched, but just focusing on one place irks me.

GreyFox 07-23-2010 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazySlacker (Post 1243699)
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ker/tenzin.jpg

Ever since they announced Aang's son name I've been picturing this guy teaching Korra. I'm so psyched, but just focusing on one place irks me.

It was cool to see all the different locations in the origional series. Very few shows have a travel Narative after all. But I think having one city has its advantages. At the very least it'll make it distinct from the TLA series.

Plus, don't you get kind of a super-hero vibe from that picture of Korra. The way she stands on the edge of the building, watching over the city.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201007/51771/the...-of-korra.jpeg

musigal 07-23-2010 03:52 AM

ooh! legend of korra thread!
*breathes in the new thread smell*

I really hope it's awesome. been hoping for the creators of the last airbender to do something else, and now I hear wind of this! (like a week ago)

Korra does sound like a girl's name to me.
Quote:

... - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenaged girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra...
and according to that article, is so. ^ ^

did anyone else notice that aang's son's name and his old friend's name are together the name of the dalai lama?

DarkSunDuelist 07-23-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoofs3 (Post 1243698)
My thoughts are that Korra is a girl and thus a she, not a he =S

Yeah, I found out about 20 seconds after I made that post that Korra is:

A) A Girl. Yep, that's right, the next Avatar is female!!

B) When the story picks up, she's already learned Water, Earth, and Firebending, and only needs to learn Airbending.

Also, Dev, stop trying to cut in on my awesome. >.> <.<

DarkSunDuelist 07-23-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K!XD (Post 1243530)
I REAAAAALLY hope Mr. M. Night doesn't do a sequel...

But I hope this spin-off is good... I'd watch it!!! (b^_^)b

If M Night Shaderpaderp tries to start another sequel, I will personally lead the march of fans that will kill him.

PoisonXLilly 07-23-2010 08:35 PM

^ It's gonna be a trilogy.
The live-action movies are based off of each of the seasons. There are 3 seasons.

Honestly, people, you'd think you'd know this by now... -.-"

LazySlacker 07-23-2010 09:33 PM

Looks like that it's going to be a mini-series with 12 episodes airing in the fall of 2011.

DarkSunDuelist 07-23-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonXLilly (Post 1245309)
The live-action movies are based off of each of the seasons. There are 3 seasons.

Yes, we know that he WANTS to...but there's no word on whether or not he's been green-lighted for it yet. Hopefully he will be slammed in the face with the biggest STOP sign ever.

God, that movie was horrible.

DarkSunDuelist 07-23-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazySlacker (Post 1245357)
Looks like that it's going to be a mini-series with 12 episodes airing in the fall of 2011.

I'll take a miniseries over another movie...at least not another HORRIBLE movie.

And hey!! The Great Divide was funny, even if it was one of the few fillers in that entire series!!

gwtyler1985 07-23-2010 11:28 PM

that's actually true.

and i've already got people going after shamalan. he has ruined too many good movie ideas.

DarkSunDuelist 07-23-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwtyler1985 (Post 1245427)
that's actually true.

and i've already got people going after shamalan. he has ruined too many good movie ideas.

Can I lead the charge? It's on my bucket list to lead a semi-violent revolt against idiocy.

gwtyler1985 07-24-2010 12:07 AM

you can help.

K!XD 07-25-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoisonXLilly (Post 1245309)

I think I'm going to be sick...
I was hoping he'd quit while he was ahe-... I was hoping he'd just quit. -_-

M. Night is one sadistic person... Getting everyone's hopes up then dropping a nuke on them while spitting on them and laughing maniacally... Either that, or... idk... he's wearing rose-tinted goggles and taking mounds of quaaludes....

DarkSunDuelist 07-26-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K!XD (Post 1246819)
I think I'm going to be sick...
I was hoping he'd quit while he was ahe-... I was hoping he'd just quit. -_-

M. Night is one sadistic person... Getting everyone's hopes up then dropping a nuke on them while spitting on them and laughing maniacally... Either that, or... idk... he's wearing rose-tinted goggles and taking mounds of quaaludes....

Naw, see, what happened was that M Night Shaderpaderp was a fan of the series. Now, as you all know, there are 2 types of fans:
  • Fans that love the series for what it is, and MAYBE would like a new season or two.
  • Fans that write shittons of fanfiction.

M Night's the latter. Problem is, Mr Shaderpaderp sucks at writing fanfiction, as is obvious with the movie. Nickelodeon had an epic fail moment when they decided NOT to be cautious when they heard that he was a "fan".

K!XD 07-28-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunDuelist (Post 1246879)
Nickelodeon had an epic fail moment when they decided NOT to be cautious when they heard that he was a "fan".

Either that or someone actually likes his movies... which is the equivalent of dividing by zero.

DarkSunDuelist 07-29-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K!XD (Post 1248550)
Either that or someone actually likes his movies... which is the equivalent of dividing by zero.

Now, let's be fair. Some of Shaderpaderp's stuff up until now has been...halfway decent. The problem is that he suddenly decided to make a sudden genre switch because he was a fan of a series that had already ended (and thus could not be "tweest"'d in any way possible, since fans already knew what shit was going down).

But this movie pretty much not only put the last nail in the coffin, but it tied a few cement blocks to it, drove it out to the ocean, and threw it in the drink, with the hope that it'll never be heard from again.

musigal 07-29-2010 05:22 PM

was anyone at comic-con? I heard that they talked about legend of korra there ...

LazySlacker 08-03-2010 03:56 AM

Hey guys, everyone from the original series are dead. :D [ The smile is a lie, I am very sad. ]

KakashiFTW 08-04-2010 01:52 PM

What?!

Ninjasplaycardgames2 08-04-2010 04:58 PM

How will we know if Zuko ever found his mother?!!!

musigal 08-04-2010 07:19 PM

probably in flashbacks or whatever, or maybe briefly mentioned from somebody?

LazySlacker 08-06-2010 12:00 PM

The guys who created music for the original series are coming back. Also, FUCK YEAH ROARING TWENTIES!

musigal 08-07-2010 05:18 AM

oh hooray. the music was a big part of the original!

also, it's apparently gonna be a mini series. 12 episodes.

OwlCoffee 08-11-2010 01:34 AM

Only 12 episodes? Damn, well they are really good about their series amount so I'm okay with it I guess.

musigal 08-11-2010 01:59 AM

say it'll be a "tight story" with no filler
that's good =)

Buneary 08-12-2010 12:09 PM

Wow you guys are being very positive about this. I really want to start screaming "TWELVE EPISODE ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERYONE IS DEAD?! BUMI WAS F***ING 112!!!!111!!!211!!" or something like that.

AmbrMerlinus 08-12-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buneary (Post 1257283)
Wow you guys are being very positive about this. I really want to start screaming "TWELVE EPISODE ARE YOU F***ING SERIOUS?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERYONE IS DEAD?! BUMI WAS F***ING 112!!!!111!!!211!!" or something like that.

According to the creators, Aang burned up a hundred years of his Avatar longevity while he was in the iceberg, otherwise he would have lived much longer. And I think we can safely assume that Bumi is a pretty big exception in the Avatar world (being a long-lived person without being the Avatar).